When laying polyethylene geomembrane in the anti-seepage project, in order to achieve the waterproof effect, it is necessary to use the hot-melt joint method to operate. Below we have compiled some operating instructions for the geomembrane welding machine, hoping to better help you operate it.
1. The welding process of the hot wedge welding machine is divided into adjusting the pressure - setting the temperature - setting the speed - welding seam lap inspection - loading the film into the machine - starting the motor - pressure welding.
2. There should be no oil stains or dust at the joints, and the lap surface of the HDPE geomembrane should not contain debris such as sand and other debris. When there is debris, it must be cleaned up before welding.
3. At the beginning of welding every day, a 0.9mm×0.3mm sample must be tested on the spot, the lap width is not less than 10cm, and the peeling and shearing tests are carried out on-site with a tensile machine. After the sample is qualified, it can be adjusted at that time. Good speed, pressure, and temperature are just welding. The date, time, and ambient temperature should be marked on the sample. During the welding process of the hot wedge welding machine, attention should be paid to the operation of the welding machine at any time, and the speed and temperature should be fine-tuned according to the actual situation on site.
4. The welds are required to be neat and beautiful, and there should be no slip welding or jumping.
5. When the length of the geomembrane is not enough, it needs to be spliced in the long direction. The transverse welds should be welded first, and then the longitudinal seams should be welded. The transverse welds should be in a T shape with a distance of more than 50cm, and should not cross.
6. The adjacent geomembrane welds should be staggered and overlapped as much as possible. The joints formed between the membrane blocks should be T-shaped, and cross-shaped should be minimized. The intersection of the longitudinal mold and the weld should be strengthened by an extrusion welder.
7. When welding the film, it is not allowed to press out the dead fold. When laying the HDPE geomembrane, according to the local temperature change range and the performance requirements of the HDPE geomembrane, reserve the expansion and contraction amount caused by the temperature change.
8. When the temperature of the welding machine indicated by the temperature control of the portable welding machine is lower than 200℃, it should be wiped off with a clean cloth or cotton yarn before welding. If necessary, it should be re-polished.
9. When the joints are affected by condensation, moisture, sediment, etc., welding should be carried out after treatment.
10. Welding cannot be performed during rain or when there is moisture, dew, or heavy sand in the joints, except for taking protective measures.
11. When the temperature is lower than 5℃, construction should not be carried out according to the requirements of the specification. If construction is necessary, the welding machine should be preheated before welding.
12. During the welding process of the extrusion welding machine, the slider of the gun head should be checked frequently. When the wear is serious, the slider should be replaced in time to avoid damage to the film surface.
13. The geomembrane should be powered by a generator with good voltage stabilization performance during welding, and a voltage stabilizer must be used when using local electricity under special circumstances.
Precautions for the operation of geomembrane welding machine:
1. Electrical equipment and power lines should meet the requirements of relevant professional specifications.
2. The power cords towed by hot air equipment, grinding machines, and welding machines must be kept away from their working parts during use, so as to avoid damage to the brain wires and leakage of electricity.
3. Except for hot air welding, the mouth of the hot air equipment must not be in contact with the HDPE film surface under any circumstances and should be kept as far away as possible from the film surface, human body, machinery, and other objects.
4. When the welding machine is not in use, it should not be placed directly on the HDPE film surface but should be placed on a bracket or sandbag belt.
5. After the film cutting knife is used, the blade should be immediately returned to the knife box.
6. All kinds of temporary small tools used in the field should be put into the toolbox in time after use.
7. It is strictly forbidden to directly discard the solder material removed from the torch head of the extrusion welding machine on the surface of the geomembrane.
8. All activities that may damage the finished geomembrane are not allowed.
The above briefly introduces the operation guide and precautions of the geomembrane welding machine. If you want to buy a geomembrane welding machine, please contact us
RIYANG is a professional custom geomembrane welding machines manufacturer
, we offer a wide range of products to meet the needs of field and workshop projects. Our products operate all over the world due to reliability, creativity, and cost-effectiveness. At RIYANG, we are committed to making reliable machines for every application and making sure your choice is the right one.